10.25.2011

Break Time #32

I'm back. Well, I had a free moment.

To restart, my return, my task was to find an image I like, and find a letter that corresponds to the image. I chose this man from the back ad of a Wired Magazine. Instead of the full composition I chose to concentrate on the man's face. I noticed the chiseled lines, curves, attitude and smirk on his face. The letter that came to exude all of these same properties is the Baskerville Q.





I think the Q can be one of the most elegant letter forms. The tail is what gives the Q it's attitude and flair. Much like this picture, the Baskerville Q has a smirk. Something telling the world that "I need to be reckoned with because I am perfectly crafted". That is what Baskerville was seeking with his font, perfection.

To learn more about Baskerville and his amazing font, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment