8.03.2011

Break Time #19

I love making logos so today's challenge was quite intriguing. I had to create sports logos for "Hot Dog Eating, Trike Racing, Car washing, Painting, and Kite Flying. The thing about sports logos is they're so flashy and have 8.32 strokes per graphic, that they're kind of hard to draw. I gave it my best attempt for my 15 minutes, and think that I came up with some pretty cool ideas.

The trike logo would be a kid with a determined face, turning the wheel really sharply. This would just be a 1 color logo that would have high impact due to the posture, and the face the kid is making.

Painting would be a racing style logo. The three brushes would be close together as if coming together for a photo finish. The inspiration for this one is the NASCAR logo.

The Car Washing logo I worked on last, but it's pretty simple. It's just a bucket and a sponge in an action pose.

The kite flying logo would be very edgy, hard, and modern. The lines would indicate extreme motion and draw your eye upwards.



I think I would enjoy creating a Hot Dog Eating logo the most. I watched the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest this year, and that is one ridiculous contest. Each guy got an intro, and the announcer came up with the most ludicrous analogies for the guys eating. To see grown men, taking eating a bunch of hot dogs THAT seriously, is something I think my blend of modern style, and sarcastic humor could great benefit from.


This is just a 15 minute rendering of the icon for the Hot Dog Eating logo. I was thinking of using Rockwell for the font, but I would want to come up with something even more unique, fontwise, or just create my own font for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment