8.23.2011

Break Time #25

So it has been awhile since I posted about my small window of creative time. This is not from a lack of trying, but the fact that I have been busy at work! Remember, I only do the activity if I have time. I'm not ignoring my job for an extended time to do this either. I get 10-15 minutes. I've been working on a lot of mock ups, and today the exacto blade wanted to make friends with my fingers. Needless to say, my fingers did not want a new friend.

I'm also behind on a couple of pages from the book, but I will get to those soon. One or 2 I can't post on here because they are physical activities, so I'll just let you know how they went.

Yesterday, I had to create a brainstorm chart for something that is in my general vicinity. I chose my ViewSonic monitor. The things that came out of my mind about this monitor are mean, angry, and violent. That is due to the fact that my monitor is one of those giant tube monitors. I can understand that it costs a good chunk of change to replace monitors, but there are times where this thing has nearly given me another hernia. Below is the chart. I picked out a word from each branch to write a sentence, and here is what I cam up with: I wish a Velociraptor would come destroy my heavy ViewSonic monitor.




That is my monitor when my computer decided to die one day. It turned out to be something with the power source gave out. It got fixed a few days later, but it was a pretty cool time at work those few days.

Today was a fun, and very challenging activity. I had to come up with an alternative counting source. This meant that I had to reimagine numbers and how to count. I couldn't use Roman numerals either. Sadly, I did not come up with anything during the breaks today. I tried to come up with systems based on 2's or 4's that might be easy to count or identify a single digit. The obstacle was Maybe it will hit me like a flash or inspiration one day and then I can update this post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment